Tuesday, May 20, 2008
We've been working on transforming our spare bedroom/my study into a nursery for the past couple of weeks, and the prep work is almost done.
I decided to leave the walls the same color that they've been- a soothing hyacinth blue. The trim was a light brown color, and I decided to use Fresh Aire (no VOCs) paint and make the trim a darker brown. This paint is great because I can use it without worrying about the health impact, but here's a warning for anyone thinking about buying it: the color on the swatch is at least 2-3 shades darker than the paint itself.
An exciting discovery I made is that the hardwood floors in the bedroom were in great shape underneath some dingy old carpeting:
We pulled up the carpeting and I'm now working on pulling up all of the little staples from the floor. Fun times, but at least Meowzle and Mochi are helping me (see below):
Many thanks to Sarah and Ryan for their help with painting the stuff I can't do, and for taking all the carpeting out to the trash!