Monday, March 31, 2008

Inordinately Proud


I am inordinately proud of my husband's recent excursions into the world of crafting, especially since I have been experiencing a crafting dry-spell myself (more on that in a few days' time). John has been making pieces for various games he plays, including Heroscape. The picture above is of some columns he crafted from cake-decorating materials purchased from Michael's. Although I was away in NYC during most of this crafting experience, John did call me to tell me that the cats were very involved in the process. Meowzle, our older cat, apparently enjoyed licking the modeling clay that John put inside each of these columns for stability.

The pieces in the photo below were each painted and then covered with a layer of flocking. The green flocking looks remarkably like catnip, causing Meowzle to sample some yesterday. Aside from the cat-related difficulties, John thoroughly enjoyed his foray into the world of crafting, and I, for one, hope he continues with such projects. :)


3 comments:

Ginny said...

HAHAHAHAHA i'm glad john is crafting. i cant tell from the picture, though, how big are those?

Rachel said...

The columns are about 6 inches tall and the flocked pieces are maybe 6-8 inches wide.

Anonymous said...

The greek columns look cool!

-Ashish
PS: Looks like I've missed a few things over the few weeks. How are you & John?