Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Forgetting One's Jump Drive at an Internet Cafe is a Bad Thing

Well, no photos with this post because I accidentally left my jump drive at an Ulaanbaatar Internet Cafe yesterday, and of course when I returned a couple of hours later it was nowhere to be found...

The good news is that I can get one at the Ikh Delguur (literally, Big Store) here, so I'll post more pictures tomorrow.

In the interim-- it's gotten really, really cold here over the last few days (perhaps dropping into the single digits at night) so I've managed to catch a head cold. For all you Buffalonians reading this, rest assured that there are places in the world much colder than our fair city! (Why I left Buffalo during our beautiful autumn to come to a much colder place is a topic we'll leave for another day's blog!)

After I rectify my jump drive situation I promise I'll write a long update--- including our adventures in the far countryside this weekend, a trip to another museum, and, of course, some crafty items. For all the craft-oriented readers of this blog: I found a source for camel yarn yesterday, and I managed to get a small skein of green cashmere! More details to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I feel your pain. I lost my memory card last week- I put it in my pocket, and of course it fell out somewhere. I had some financial info on it too! So there was this strange sight of me wandering around with a flashlight retracing my entire day's steps... Luckily, I found it in my workplace parking lot! Sorry to hear your situation didn't work out as well. -Ashish