Friday, October 12, 2007

International Boxing Tournament in Mongolia


We went to see an international amateur boxing tournament in Mongolia today, featuring fighters from Mongolia, Inner Mongolia (China), and Buryatia (Russia). It was interesting to talk with the elderly pensioners sitting in front of us; they were very knowledgeable about all the fighters and who was favored to win. When the fights were not of interest to the gentlemen, they pulled newspapers out of the front "pockets" of their dels and started to read.

2 comments:

Jules said...

LOL, did you read a newspaper? It is so interesting, learning more about Mongolia! I will be gone next week. I get to go and visit, Jonah, my only son, at college. I will be going by train from Montana - Chicago. His college is about an hour west of Chicago. I will be gone Monday, October 15 - Sunday, October 21. I will not be blogging. I can't wait to get caught up when I get back.

Rachel said...

Have fun visiting Jonah! That sounds like a fantastic train trip- think of me on the train from China to Mongolia while you travel!