Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Crafter's Dilemma



As I mentioned a few days ago, we're soon traveling to Mongolia (where my husband and I initially met as Peace Corps Volunteers) so that I can do my PhD field work. I have a crafting dilemma, and any advice would be appreciated! I plan to take knitting needles and crochet hooks with me, but I'm planning on traveling light and would like to only take a couple of sizes of each. I can get yarn there (camel wool, which is super exciting!) so I'm not worried about that, but if you were me, what size needles/hooks would you take? I guess this is why people invest in Denise needles, eh?

On a related note, this blog may morph from a craft blog into a Mongolian travel adventure blog from the end of September through part of November. I will probably not be quite as regular about posting because I will have to head to an internet cafe in Ulaanbaatar to do so. But I'll do my best to showcase cool Mongolian crafts, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camel Wool, huh? Soft or scratchy, very cool! I would bring 24" circulars, sizes 5 and 8. And can't wait to see what you come up with.