Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Adam!



Today is my brother Adam's birthday. I got him a cool, crafty present but I can't blog about it yet because I haven't given it to him, and I want it to be a surprise. I hope he has a really great day because he is a really great brother who doesn't take himself too seriously (as evidenced by the photo above). One of the best parts about moving back home to Buffalo has been having Adam as my downstairs tenant. In honor of Adam's role as Beer Dude at Buffalo Rising, I present this poem from the World Beer Poetry Championships in his honor:

HOW DO I LOVE THEE?


How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways?
I love cold beer
on hot summer days.
I love small bottles
Of special brews.
I love a beer
When watching the news.
I love it dark
I love it bright
I love it at mid-day
I love it at night.
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love it best
When somebody else pays.

By Ricky S.

No comments: