Monday, September 24, 2007

We Made It to Beijing... Too Bad We Can't Say the Same for our Luggage


Just a quick post to let you all know that we've made it to Beijing. The trip itself was fairly uneventful- a couple of slight delays but when you're flying for 13+ hours, a delay of one and a half hours seems nominal! Our friend Sandra, who I know from my Harvard days, is a wonderful and gracious host. We're staying in her lovely apartment and she has been kind enough to lend us clothes UNTIL OUR LUGGAGE ARRIVES. Yes, that's right, we are sans baggage for the day. We've been reassured by Air China that our luggage will arrive on a flight from JFK tonight. We're hoping for the best, since we leave tomorrow morning at 7:45 AM for Mongolia. Good thing I brought all my research essentials (computer, digital voice recorder, paperwork) in my carry-on bag, I guess!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Rachel!
I really hope your luggage makes it before you catch the train to Mongolia. John will have a heck of time finding clothes in UB to fit his 6'9" frame if it doesn't! Much love to you both. Barbara (Mom)

Anonymous said...

You'd think that after all these years of operations, airlines would get their baggage act together. On the other hand, maybe they're carrying too much baggage from the past (bad pun totally intended!)

-Ashish

Jules said...

Oh, so sorry, that is awful! I have only had my luggage lost once out of the 10 times that I have flown. LOL, I love what Ashish said. I hope you get your luggage!