Friday, September 21, 2007

La Leche League


Dawn, a friend/fellow camp counselor from back in the day, heads the Buffalo chapter of La Leche League, an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed. They're having an annual conference in Grand Island, NY from October 5-7.

I decided to donate some items for the silent auction they're holding to raise funds, because I admire the volunteer spirit and support their mission as an organization. Check out the conference if you're a pregnant or breastfeeding mom and want to get together with other people in like situations!

Although I haven't made anything from the Vickie Howell book pictured above, I really like it-- if you're looking for unique projects to knit for kids (such as a firefighter hat, an alien tooth fairy pillow, a mermaid costume or a monster hat), check it out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, lady. Thanks for the book shout out--I really appreciate it! xo, Vickie

Jules said...

That was great, I hope that they gets lots of money.