Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gen Con Crafts



My husband left for Gen Con today, one of the largest gaming conventions in the world. I don't just accept the dorky overtones that such an event carries, I think they're awesome. So, in honor of Gen Con Indy 2007, here are some gamer crafts:

1. Courtesy of Z Studios, some StarCraft origami.
2. A large Pac Man necklace, courtesy of Wonderland.
3. Tetris fridge magnets from Kotaku.
4. Look at all the crafting-related events at Gen Con for gamer "widows" and "widowers;" maybe I should go next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love all the things you have made. The tetris magnets, I love them seriously lol.

Anonymous said...

You absolutely SHOULD come to Gen Con! I run the SPA program at Gen Con, and I'm glad you find it appealing. If you'd like to run some crafting events at Gen Con next year, I'd be happy to offer you a complimentary badge for your efforts.

In addition to all the crafting classes we had, we also had an Open Crafting room stocked with supplies tht was free to use; it included a LOT of yarn, fabric scraps, scrapbooking supplies, floss, etc. I think you'd have a good time; we had several girls that did almost nothing the whole Con but do SPA classes and hang out in Open Crafting.

Here's a permalink to all the classes we had last year:

http://gencon.highprogrammer.com/gencon-indy-2008.cgi/type/SPA/All_events

Please feel free to contact me for further info: marimacc(at)gmail.com