Friday, August 3, 2007

Making My Own: Grocery Tote



I decided to make my own grocery bag this week. I'm just using a neutral (undyed) cotton yarn and crocheting it like a big hat. I hope to have it finished in time for my weekly trip to the producer-only Elmwood-Bidwell Farmers Market tomorrow morning. I don't know if I'll have time to finish it today or not, because I'm working during the day and making a trip to hear/see my brother's band Qualia tonight at Soundlab. Regardless, I'm hoping this will work out well as a shopping bag because it's been a challenge for me to find grocery totes that hold up over time and are big enough (or have enough give) to hold a bunch of stuff.

4 comments:

didi_international said...

Rach! you have done so much on this...I saw its birth....
heee.

My eyeglass case is slowly moving...I hope to work on it as I procrastinate working on the Q exam...

Thanks for your help!!!

Rachel said...

No problem- gotta love crochet for its speed! We should have a knit/crochet/chat session again soon and you might be able to witness its completion as well. :)

mely said...

could i invite myself for a crochet tutorial? i've been coveting your crocheted goods (and skills) from afar.... i'm in town til sept 2.. and what else is there to do in france other than to sit around, drink wine and crochet?

Rachel said...

Absolutely! E-mail me and we'll set up a time and place. Crochet is great because it's a very mobile craft-- have hook, will travel.