Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Grocery Tote Crafting Saga Comes to an End



I am pleased to report that I've finished my third grocery tote, bringing the saga of the crocheted grocery tote to a close. The nice thing about having 3 of these is that I don't need to supplement with plastic. I found that when I took two of them to the store with me, I sometimes needed one more bag, and I had to use at least one plastic bag. This is especially true if you're buying a lot of fresh produce, and you don't want it to get all banged up and smashed. But now that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm getting pretty good at remembering to bring them into the grocery store/to the farmer's market with me. Now I just need to remember them when I'm running a random errand at a non-food store (like the pet store for cat food). I'm thinking about keeping a plastic bag knotted up in my purse at all times for just such a forgetful moment. (The busier I get, the more frequently I experience such moments, I'm afraid.)

No comments: