Friday, August 31, 2007



This is the cake that my husband would probably like for me to make for his birthday, which is today. Unfortunately, I didn't. In fact, I haven't been very crafty at all for his big day... probably because I'm frantically working to get my dissertation proposal finished and preparing for our upcoming trip to Mongolia. But I don't think he really minds-- I did make him a cake, and I also got him The Office (U.S. version-- we watched the British version when it came out but haven't yet seen the U.S. one, and by all accounts it's really good) and Heroes on DVD.

Oh, and I went to the movies and watched a really creepy Kevin Bacon movie with him (the name of which I've already forgotten). At one point I said, "I think I'd rather just be sitting in the lobby than watching this," to which he responded, "Now you know how I felt when we went to see Mamma Mia." Fair enough. Happy Birthday, buster!

No comments: