Saturday, July 28, 2007

Colorado Kaden



Sometimes it's hard to believe that almost 10 years have passed since I finished my Peace Corps Volunteer service in Erdenet, Mongolia. But life events like the birth of a new baby to a dear friend who also lived in Erdenet remind me that lots of time has indeed passed. Susan, congratulations on the birth of your son Kaden! I hope that he is a joyful addition to your family. If you ever feel cold in Colorado... well, just remember the weather in Erdenet in January and your perspective will quickly change. Wish Kaden a big sanbano for me.

This little sweater and hat are acrylic so they'll stand up to washing-- which is good, since I suppose off-white is a rather impractical color for a little one. Cute though, eh? I more or less used the 5 rectangle pattern that I talked about here for this sweater, though I crocheted it rather than knitted it.

On another note, I think I've got to get better at taking pictures of my crafts. Everything appears much more crooked in the pictures than it does in real life. Sigh. I guess that's why this blog isn't called Photography Buff.

No comments: