Monday, July 23, 2007

Slippers



I'm always on the hunt for new guest slippers. Although we don't have an official "no shoes" policy, we always take our shoes off when we enter, and guests usually follow our lead. We have need, therefore, of many extra pairs of slippers (since it's not nice to encourage your guests to take off their shoes in the dead of Buffalo's winter and then not offer them something cozy to slip into).

Imagine my delight, then, when I found these never-worn handmade knitted slippers at a garage sale for 10 cents (there seems to be a 10 cent theme to my precious handmade garage sale finds). I think they're an adorable example of old-school knitting (which Debbie Stoller defines as "those who use only antiquated patterns, aluminum needles, and orange, green, and brown acrylics"-- a little too harsh, in my humble opinion), and I'm thinking about trying my hand at some as a result. I may choose to use a more updated pattern though, such as this one.

No comments: