Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ithaca: Baby Hat & Washcloth and Cat Toy

We went for a quick jaunt down to Ithaca, NY this weekend to visit two great friends.

Nansa, an amazing friend from Mongolia who is a transplant to Trumansburg, NY:



And Alicia, a fellow Oberlin grad who is an inspirational activist and excellent friend (she even gave us her bedroom and slept in the living room):



While in Ithaca, I picked up some cotton-blend yarn at Homespun Boutique to crochet a baby hat and washcloth for John's cousin Marc's impending arrival:



I made these both on the drive home, and I had a little bit of leftover yarn, so I decided to make Meowzle a birthday present. As it turns out, however, his sister Mochi is much more interested in the toy than he is (and yes, those are my toes in the photo-- it's hard to get a good cat action shot!):

No comments: