Friday, July 6, 2007

Hitting the Crafting Mother Lode


This morning I stopped by an estate sale. As I've written elsewhere, garage and estate sale shopping is something I enjoy for reasons both personal and political. This morning there was a fabric extravaganza at the sale I went to! Check out the awesome vintage fabrics I picked up. Not only did I get a great deal on this fabric ($2 a cut), I also got a LOT of it. Each piece is between 1 and 4 yards... all for $20. I foresee a lot of retro fabric knitting cases in my future...

3 comments:

mely said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo i'm jealous. i LOVES ME some vintage fabrics!

hope you guys have a good weekend.. i'm escaping to ottawa!

Terra, Bea's mom said...

Rachel,
I was telling my mom about your blog, and I inferred that crafting might be a great way to procrastinate for someone working on her dissertation. My mom came up with a new term: ProCRAFTStination!
Terra

Rachel said...

Mel, Enjoy Ottawa!
Terra, I love it- procraftstination! I have to admit that blogging is where the real procrastination occurs- some crafts (like knitting) can be done while discussing Very Important Topics and those that can't are pretty meditative. I often think about the aforementioned Very Important Topics while crafting. Blogging, on the other hand, is just a straight-up avoidance of whatever document I'm supposed to be working on. ;)